- 1 February 2018, sending a joint letter of concern to The Global Fund together with IOGT International and NCD Alliance regarding the announced partnership between The Global Fund and Heineken. The letter is being endoresed by several civil society organisations and networks.
- 9-11 December 2017, attending the second NCD Alliance Global Forum, in Sharjah, UAE
- 18-20 October 2017, attending the WHO Global Conference on Noncommunicable diseases: Enhancing policy coherence between different spheres of policy making that have a bearing on attaining SDG target 3.4 on NCDs by 2030, in Montevideo, Uruguay,
- 4-6 October 2017, Global Alcohol Policy Conference 2017 was held in Australia with the title: “Mobilising for Change: Alcohol Policy and the Evidence for Action”.
- 26-28 June 2017, GAPA attended the WHO Forum on alcohol, drugs and addictive behaviour at the WHO Head quarter in Geneva.
- May 2017, GAPA attended the 70th World Health Assembly in Geneva.
- 19-21 October 2016, attending WHO Global Dialogue Meeting on the role of non-State actors in supporting Member States in their national efforts to tackle noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Balaclava, Mauritius, 19– 21 October 2016
- 26 August 2016, Seminar “Curbing industry marketing of harmful products to young people”, Protea Hotel Sea Point, Cape Town, with Health Promotion and Development Foundation Network, South Africa.
- 26 May 2016, World Health Assembly side event “Alcohol Marketing in the Digital World” co-hosted by Botswana, Ecuador, Estonia, Sri Lanka and Vietnam
- 30 November-1 December 2015, attending WHO Global Coordination Mechanism on the Prevention and Control of NCDs; Dialogue on how to strengthen international cooperation on the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases within the framework of North–South, South–South and triangular cooperation, Geneva, Switzerland
- 13-15 November 2015, attending Global NCD Alliance Forum, “NCD Advocacy and Accountability in the Post 2015 Era”, Sharjah, United, Arab Emirates
- 7–9 October 2015, Global Alcohol Policy Conference 2015, Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom. This event was cosponsored by the World Health Organization, which published this information after the meetings.
- 20-21 April 2015, WHO Global Coordination Mechanism on the Prevention and Control of NCDs; Dialogue on NCDs and development cooperation, Geneva, Switzerland
- 7–9 October 2013, Global Alcohol Policy Conference 2013, “Alcohol, Civil Society and Public Health: From Local Action to Global Change”, COEX Convention Center, Seoul, Korea. Download GAPC 2013 Summary Report (pdf)
- February 2013, Statement of Concern: The international public health community responds to the global alcohol producers’ attempts to implement the WHO Global Strategy on the Harmful Use of Alcohol. Download the full report here.
- 13–15 February 2012, Global Alcohol Policy Conference 2012, “From Global Strategies to Local Actions”, Impact Convention Centre, Nonthaburi, Thailand.
- 19–20 September, New York, USA. World Health Organization. 2011 UN High-level meeting on NCDs;
- 1–6 August 2011, Copenhagen, Denmark. IFMSA August meeting 2011;
- 21–22 June 2011, Alcohol Prevention Training Workshop, Abuja, Nigeria;
- 28–29 April 2011, First Global Ministerial Conference on Healthy Lifestyles and Noncommunicable Disease Control, Moscow, Russia
- 15–19 April 2011, Kaunas, Lithuania. Alcohol Policy Youth Network. Training for Trainers “The role of youth organisations in Alcohol Policy”;
- 4–8 March 2011, Cambridge, England. Alcohol Policy Youth Network. Training Course “The role of youth organisations in Alcohol Policy;”
- 20 February 2011, Cambridge, England. Alcohol Policy Youth Network. First meeting “European-wide Consultation on Promotion, Marketing, Price and Availability.
- 23-24 November 2008, WHO Roundtable meeting with NGOs and health professionals on ways they could contribute to reducing harmful use of alcohol. Report available at WHO website
- October – November 2008: Web-based consultation (WHO public hearings) with Member States and other stakeholders on ways of reducing harmful use of alcohol. Submissions available at WHO web site